Part-time Court Officer
The Town of Riverhead is looking for part-time Court Officers to work a maximum of 20 hours per week. Applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Candidates must be twenty (20) years of age at time of appointment.
2. Possession of a valid New York State driver's license at the time of appointment; appointees must maintain a valid license throughout their employment in this title.
3. There will be a qualifying psychological evaluation.
4. Candidates must be a United States citizen at the time of appointment.
5. After appointment, the incumbent will be required to obtain a Peace Officer Training Certificate recognized by the New York State Municipal Police Training Council.
6. Graduation from a standard senior high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma by the date of appointment.
Preference will be given to applicants who have already obtained Peace Officer status. Interested applicants please submit your resume and an application to the Personnel Department at 200 Howell Avenue in Riverhead. Position is opened until filled.