In 2014, the Veterans Advisory Committee was established by Supervisor Walter to enhance the quality of life for veterans in the Town of Riverhead. The committee assists the Town in identifying the needs of its veteran community and advises the Town Board of the committee’s recommendations as to the direction the Town can take in coordinating services and programs benefiting our veteran population as well as providing them with valuable resources.
It is the Town of Riverhead Veterans Advisory Committee mission to:
· Assess the needs of veterans and recommend a direction for increased services and resources.
· The committee shall advise the Supervisor and Town Board, when requested, on all matters relating to the development and implementation of new services and resources involving veterans.
· Create awareness of the issues faced by veterans and maintain a forum for Town veterans to give feedback on issues that affect their lives.
· Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
· Submit an annual report to the Supervisor and Town Board.
John Dunleavy, Councilman Town Board Veteran LiaisonElizabeth Stokes Co-ChairpersonKimberly Judd, Esq. Co-ChairpersonRichard Dellasso Member, Economic Opportunity Council of Suffolk CountyDarlene Folkes Member, American Legion LiaisonDorothy Minnick Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars LiaisonMike Pankowski Member, American Legion LiaisonJohn Rago Member, Suffolk County United Veterans
Meetings are held bi-monthly on the fourth Thursday at 5:00 PM in Town Hall, located at 200 Howell Avenue, Riverhead.
Elizabeth Stokes, Co-Chair (631) 655-3263 email@example.com
Kimberly Judd, Co-Chair (631) 871-4825 firstname.lastname@example.org