Open until filled
The Town of Riverhead's Water District is looking for a Maintenance Crew Leader to join the team. Our ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalency, 4 years’ experience in the maintenance, repair and installation of potable water service lines, a NYS D certification, or be willing to obtain in 1 year, and Should have or be willing to obtain within 1 year, a CDL license.
An Overview: Supervise and assign tasks to the Maintenance Mechanics (II, III and IV) within the Water District for the Town of Riverhead. Supervises and participates in repairs and maintenance, and cross connection control of water service lines, hydrants, and fittings to residential, commercial and industrial users within the Water District. Receives assignments and supervision from an administrative or technical supervisor. Does related work as required.
- Supervises, schedules and assigns (workforce planning) the work of maintenance mechanics in the Water District while also considering staff development and development opportunities.
- Performs skilled trades work in the repair, replacement and maintenance of water service lines and equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the maintenance of the distribution system including: repair and flushing of mains; repair, replacement, installation of hydrants, valves, valve boxes, service lines, curb stops and meter pits; painting exposed equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the installation of services such as tap mains, service lines, meter pits; operates back hoe; installs and inspects cross-connection control fittings;
- Inspects work sites and equipment.
- Keeps records and makes reports of work activities, material used and condition of equipment and tools.
- Maintains, distribution inventory by ordering materials and supplies for distribution department
- May be required to make sketches of work site, take measurements and mark location of facilities.
- May be required to handle emergency mark out calls with water district phone
- Supervises maintenance of all buildings and grounds, including minor repairs, painting, refuse removal and lawn mowing;
- May be required to repair and maintain motor vehicles and trucks used in Water District.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Town Supervisor and/or his/her designee.
This position also offers health, dental and vision insurance, the ability to join the NYS Pension system, deferred compensation plan, vacation/sick/personal time.
To apply, please send your resume and an application to 200 Howell Ave. Riverhead, NY 11901 (Riverhead Town Hall) or fax to 631-727-6152
The Town of Riverhead is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, or veteran status