Skip to main content
Town of Riverhead

Do I need sign sealed plans?

Yes.The New York State Department of Education requires that a NYS licensed design professional stamp building plans. There is an exception for alterations to buildings costing twenty thousand dollars or less, which do not involve changes affecting the structural safety or public safety thereof. For example, a plan for finishing a basement without structural changes may not require a design professional’s seal. All plans submitted must be accurate and to scale, and are subject to review comments.

Building Department