Skip to main content
Town of Riverhead

What can I do on this property, or can I engage on this type of business in the Town of Riverhead?

BuildingDepartment clerical staff can give you the zoning district on a property and you may consult with the Town Code to read about permitted uses. A Building Inspector may be able to go more in depth with the types of applications and approvals required, but the more information you have the better we can assist you.

Should your commercial project seem viable, we may be able to direct you to the Planning Department to get on the agenda for a presubmission conference to informally discuss particulars with Town personnel at one of our regularly scheduled Tuesday Meetings.

Building Department