Primary functions of the office includes repair and maintenance of all Town owned computers and software applications for use throughout Town facilities. Technical support services for all Town employees regarding day to day computer operations.
Information Technology Mission/Purpose
To provide the highest quality technology based services in a cost-effective manner. Be a leader in Customer Service. Establish systems, processes, and solutions based on best practices and industry standards.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for computer and web based applications and services to all departments.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the Town through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the Town’s enterprise networks to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional & administrative functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote the uses of information technology within the Town through the support for exploratory and innovative applications.
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology.
- Provide fast & reliable access to all information systems.