Skip to main content
Town of Riverhead

Town Clerk

Diane Wilhelm
Diane Wilhelm
Riverhead Town Clerk 

Purpose: Official Records Keeper of the Town. The Town Clerk's Office is considered the center of Town Government. It is responsible for recording activities of the Town Government, and it is the central place in which are filed the documents and papers vital to the lives of the townspeople.


Birth Certificates
May be issued to qualified applicants only. For qualifications, please contact
the Town Clerk's Office at 631-727-3200 X 260.

The fee for a certified copy is $10.00


Death Certificates
May be issued to qualified applicants only.  For qualifications, please contact 

the Town Clerk's Office at 631-727-3200 X 260.

The fee for a certified copy is $10.00

VITAL Records Requirements

Hunting/Fishing Licenses -  Visit NYS D.E.C. for more information
New York State Hunting and Fishing licenses are available for sale at the Town Clerk's Office

Fees vary

Dog Licenses
It is a New York State Law that all dogs must be licensed.  Licenses must be renewed yearly and proof of current rabies vaccination must be presented.


Spayed/Neutered:            $9.00

Non-Spayed/Neutered:    $15.00

Yard Sale Permit - Visit Town Code Chapter 301, Part3 Article XLV for more information

A permit is necessary to conduct a yard sale, garage sale, tag sale in the Town of Riverhead. No more than 4 days per calendar year are allowed per lot.
The fee is $5.00


Peddlers Permit - Visit Town Code Chapter 257 for more information

It shall be unlawful for any peddler or solicitor to sell or dispose of or to offer to sell or dispose of any goods, wares or merchandise within the Town of Riverhead or to solicit or act as a solicitor from door to door within the Town of Riverhead without first registering and obtaining a license with the Town Clerk of the Town of Riverhead.


Games of Chance/Bingo - Visit Town Code Chapter 215,Article II for more information or visit 
Bingo and Games of Chance Permits are issued only to Licensed Authorized Organizations

Disabled Parking Permit

Riverhead residents may obtain a New York State Disability Parking Permit at the Town Clerk’s Office for Town of Riverhead Residents. A valid Doctor’s certification and New York State Drivers License or New York State issued ID card must be provided.
There is no fee.

Marriage License - Application - Instructions
*You must have an appointment to obtain a marriage license*

Suffolk County Public Notices
Shellfish Aquaculture Lease Program 

Approved Translators 

SC Aquaculture Public Notice

Please view our Document Center to access all online forms

Contact Us

Diane M. Wilhelm
Town Clerk, 
Registrar  Ext. 260

Juliann O'Neill
Deputy Town Clerk
Deputy Registrar   Ext. 263

Carol Del Vecchio
Senior Account Clerk
Sub-Registrar   Ext. 262

Yohanna Garcia
(Spanish Speaking Clerk
Ext. 261
Phone: 631-727-3200

200 Howell Avenue
Riverhead, NY 11901

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.