Veterans Advisory Committee
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON OUR "HOMETOWN HEROES BANNER PROJECT"
In 2014, the Veterans Advisory Committee was established to enhance the quality of life for veterans in the Town of Riverhead. The committee assists the Town in identifying the needs of its veteran community and advises the Town Board of the committee’s recommendations as to the direction the Town can take in coordinating services and programs benefiting our veteran population as well as providing them with valuable resources.
It is the Town of Riverhead Veterans Advisory Committee mission to:
- Assess the needs of veterans and recommend a direction for increased services and resources.
- The committee shall advise the Supervisor and Town Board, when requested, on all matters relating to the development and implementation of new services and resources involving veterans.
- Create awareness of the issues faced by veterans and maintain a forum for Town veterans to give feedback on issues that affect their lives.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Submit an annual report to the Supervisor and Town Board.
Thomas Najdzion, Chair
Kimberly Judd, Esq., Secretary
TOWN BOARD LIAISON
Councilman Ken Rothwell
4TH Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m.